SOUTH AFRICA - Media
OutReach - 16 August 2019 - It is that time of the year again, when healthcare professionals,
industry experts and leaders gather to discuss the impact of emerging
technologies on their industry. Taking place at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg on 8-9 October under the theme "Digital Building Blocks for a Patent-Centred
Healthcare System", the 5th Healthcare Innovation Summit will attract hundreds of hospital
CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and
government functionaries, as well as a carefully selected roster of local and
#HISA2019 aims to address the many
healthcare challenges that still exist in Africa, and critically assess the
ways in which emerging technology trends such as AI, IoMT, EHR, 3D printing,
Big Data Analytics, AR & VR, Wearables and Blockchain can improve
This year's Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa plans to tackle clinical and systemic challenges facing African
healthcare and offer real-world technology solutions. Industry experts will
share how the adoption of emerging technologies is making things easier for
both health professionals and patients while also highlighting healthcare
success stories and global best practices.
- Gain the knowledge needed to become an agent of digital change
within your healthcare institution.
- Find out how new technologies are transforming healthcare in
- Hear about HealthTech advances and follow up on digital
transformation success stories and best practices.
- Find solutions to healthcare data challenges and discover EHR
implementation strategies that work.
- Adopt models to pave a way to smart hospitals in Africa using a
range of digital applications such as AI, computer-assisted surgery, IoMT,
Cloud Computing and robotics.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Nomafrench Mbombo, Western Cape Minister, Department of Health
- Iain O'Neil, Deputy Director: Digital & Technology Strategy,
Department for Health & Social Care, NHSX UK.
- Dr Bandile Masuku, Health MEC, Gauteng Department of Health.
- Dr Herman Myburgh, CEO & Co-Founder, HearX Group.
- Dr. Mwenya Kasonde, Assistant Director Global Health, Ministry of
- Suren Govender, Group Chief Digital Officer, Life Healthcare
Key topics at this #HISA2019
- Paving the way to smart hospitals in Africa.
- Precision Medicine: A new era in patient-centred care.
- The role of technology in chronic disease management and control.
- Digital disruption in the pharmaceutical industry and its impact
on the entire spectrum of drug development and clinical trials.
- The future of Oncology: Why data and analytics are critical.
- Electronic healthcare records: Best practices, challenges, and
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join local
and international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders,
service providers and government functionaries -- for two days of top-level content,
case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking
Join as a
your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to
critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase
your health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation at
the centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors,
leads, and opportunities.
For more information about this conference, visit: http://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za/